posted by Kalyn Denny on July 23, 2021
White Barbecue Sauce Hen is tasty and distinctive, so don’t miss out on making an attempt this tasty low-carb model of Alabama Hen cooked on the grill!
For right now’s Friday Favorites decide, I’m reminding you of this uncommon White Barbecue Sauce Hen that options juicy grilled hen breasts cooked with a really distinctive sauce. I like to prepare dinner hen breasts on the grill, however I’m not such a fan of grilling hen with the pores and skin on. So after I noticed a recipe for Grilled Hen with Huge Bob Gibson’s White Barbecue Sauce, I instantly thought of easy methods to change it up to make use of boneless, skinless hen breasts. For my first try I marinated the hen breasts in half of the mayo-based white barbecue sauce, and though that wasn’t dangerous, I assumed it could possibly be improved.
The second time I combined up seasoning components for the well-known Alabama white barbecue sauce; then I divided the combination and combined half with olive oil to show it right into a marinade for the hen and combined the opposite half with mayo to make the barbecue sauce. In case you’re undecided concerning the concept of a mayo-based barbecue sauce, be open minded as a result of this White Barbecue Sauce Hen is scrumptious, and it’s positively one thing I’ll be making once more.
What’s White BBQ Sauce?
White Barbecue Sauce is a tangy mayo-based sauce that was invented in Alabama by a restaurant proprietor named Bob Gibson in 1925. Now you should purchase the sauce, and there are recipes for it all around the internet.
What components do you want for this recipe?
What makes the white barbecue sauce candy?
This recipe makes use of a really small quantity of unsweetened apple juice within the sauce. Half that goes into the marinade, which is usually discarded; you’re solely consuming the small quantity that adheres to the hen. Because you aren’t consuming large quantities of the sauce, the recipe is sort of low in carbs, however be at liberty to make use of a bit much less apple juice and extra Monkfruit Sweetener or different sweetener for those who choose.
What for those who don’t have an outside grill?
In case you don’t have an outside grill (or it’s not grilling climate), this hen might be cooked on a stove-top grill pan with ridges (affiliate hyperlink) or a George Foreman Grill (affiliate hyperlink) with good outcomes. Do not forget that the George Foreman Grill cooks each side without delay so grilling time shall be quite a bit shorter!
The best way to make the grilled hen with White BBQ Sauce:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- Like all my grilled hen recipes, I begin with trimming the hen nicely after which chopping small slits that go crosswise down every hen breast. (This helps the hen prepare dinner extra evenly and lets the marinade cowl extra floor space.)
- Combine vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper to make the seasoning for the marinade and sauce. Style to see if you wish to add sweetener. Then divide that seasoning combination in half.
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil into one half of the seasoning combination to make the marinade.
- Put the hen right into a Ziploc bag, pour within the marinade, and let it marinate 6-8 hours within the fridge.
- Combine 3/4 cup mayo into the remainder of the seasoning combination to make the white barbecue sauce. Put that within the fridge till you’re able to serve the hen.
- When it’s time to eat, spray grill with non-stick spray or brush with oil and preheat grill to excessive when you let hen come to room temperature.
- Then lay hen on the pre-heated grill, at an angle to the grill grates for those who’re going for these criss-cross grill marks. Flip grill right down to medium excessive.
- After 3-4 minutes, rotate hen items so that they’re at an angle going the opposite means.
- After 6-8 minutes on the primary facet, flip hen and prepare dinner an extra 2-4 minutes on the second facet (relying on how thick the hen breasts are.)
- Serve scorching, with white barbecue sauce on the facet to dip bites of hen in.
Extra Dinners with Hen:
- 4 boneless, skinless hen breasts
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons floor horseradish (roughly to style)
- 1 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (roughly to style)
- 1 tsp. Monkfruit Sweetener (optionally available; style to see if you would like the combination a bit of sweeter)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayo
- Trim hen breasts nicely, eradicating all seen fats and membranes and trimming hen so it’s shut to an excellent thickness.
- Reduce small slits going crosswise down every hen breast.
- Combine collectively white vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper to make the seasoning for the marinade and white barbecue sauce.
- Style to see if you would like extra sweetness and add Monkfruit Sweetener or different sweetener of your alternative if desired.
- Divide the combination in two.
- Combine the olive oil into half of the seasoning combination to make the marinade.
- Put the hen in a big Ziploc bag and pour within the marinade.
- Let hen marinate within the fridge for about 8 hours.
- Combine the mayo into the opposite half of the seasoning combination and put right into a plastic storage container and refrigerate till you’re able to serve it.
- Once you’re able to prepare dinner the hen, spray grill with non-stick grilling spray or brush with oil.
- Preheat grill to excessive; then instantly flip to medium-high while you put the hen on the grill.
- Lay hen breasts at an angle to grill grates and prepare dinner about 4 minutes. (Elevate up the sting of 1 piece of hen to see you probably have good grill marks earlier than you rotate it.)
- When the grill marks look good, rotate the hen items so that they’re going at an angle the opposite route and prepare dinner about 4 minutes extra.
- After about 8 minutes (or when the grill marks look good) flip hen to the second facet and prepare dinner 2-4 minutes longer.
- Complete cooking time will rely upon the thickness of the hen and the way scorching your grill will get, however hen ought to really feel agency, however not arduous, to the contact when it’s completed.
- Serve hen scorching, with white barbecue sauce on the facet to dip bites of hen into.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 651Complete Fats: 53gSaturated Fats: 9gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 43gLdl cholesterol: 119mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seaside Weight-reduction plan Strategies:
Carb-conscious eaters most likely seen there’s a small quantity of apple juice on this recipe, however it’s lower than one tablespoon per serving and also you’re solely consuming the quantity of marinade that sticks to the hen and gained’t be utilizing large quantities of the sauce. I’d eat this for any part of the unique South Seaside Weight-reduction plan or any low-carb food regimen; verify the dietary data to see what you assume.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Grilling Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Sort Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to Comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was up to date with extra data in 2021.