posted by Kalyn Denny on July 16, 2021
This Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini is the proper approach to cook dinner zucchini for everybody who loves Parmesan cheese. And that is one zucchini recipe the place the entire household will devour it and ask for seconds!
We haven’t fairly reached the time of the summer time when individuals begin leaving zucchini on the neighbor’s porch, however the zucchini is fairly ample already in my backyard. So for this week’s Friday Favorites submit, right here’s a recipe for scrumptious Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini so as to add to Zucchini Bake with Feta and Thyme and Simple Tacky Zucchini Bake for the theme of low-carb tacky zucchini that that so many individuals appear to love! And everybody who likes melty Parmesan Cheese goes to like this simple approach to cook dinner zucchini!
This recipe initially got here from Greens Each Day by Jack Bishop (affiliate hyperlink), a really outdated guide that I nonetheless use on a regular basis to search for concepts for cooking greens. However my most well-liked model of the recipe and the one I’m sharing right here is definitely easier than the one within the cookbook as a result of years in the past a reader advised me they cooked the zucchini utterly below the broiler, and that’s the best way I’ve been doing it ever since. And I promise you it doesn’t get simpler than this for a scrumptious tacky approach to make use of up zucchini that even youngsters are going to devour. You may must experiment to get the timing excellent in your broiler since they’ll differ in temperature, however apart from that, this actually is foolproof and scrumptious, get pleasure from!
What elements do you want for this recipe?
- olive oil
- Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or your favourite seasoning mix
- coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
What sort of Parmesan Cheese do you have to use?
In fact freshly-grated Parmesan can be nice for this recipe. However in case you don’t have a block of Parmigiano Reggiano, this recipe will work completely with the coarsely-grated Parmesan that’s broadly accessible. I wouldn’t use the finely grated Parmesan within the inexperienced jar for this; that received’t soften and canopy the zucchini in the best way that makes this recipe so good!
Need extra low-carb zucchini winners?
This is likely one of the High Ten Low-Carb Zucchini Recipes on Kalyn’s Kitchen, and that’s an awesome assortment of zucchini concepts which might be simple and scrumptious!
Methods to make this recipe:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary info.)
- Trim the ends and minimize every zucchini in quarters lengthwise, minimize into strips about 3 inches lengthy after which minimize away the internal seedy a part of each bit.
- Cowl baking sheet with foil and lay the zucchini on the baking sheet in rows.
- Then brush or mist the zucchini with a tiny little bit of olive oil (I used my Misto Olive Oil Sprayer (affiliate hyperlink) and sprinkle with Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) or your favourite seasoning.
- Put in a pre-heated broiler for 6-8 minutes, or till the zucchini is beginning to get barely tender. (Keep in mind the zucchini will cook dinner longer whenever you’re melting the cheese.)
- Whereas the zucchini cooks, soften the butter (or use a mixture of butter and olive oil, or all olive oil) and measure about 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. (I like to recommend coarsely grated Parmesan that is available in a plastic jar or grate it your self, however powdery pre-grated Parmesan received’t work nicely for this.)
- When zucchini is sort of as tender as you’d prefer it, take away from oven, brush with butter, sprinkle the zucchini generously with Parmesan, and put again below the broiler for 4-5 minutes, or till it’s melted and beginning to brown. Watch rigorously in direction of the top!
- Serve sizzling and anticipate compliments! And there won’t be leftovers!
Extra Yummy Concepts for Tacky Zucchini:
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Grilled Tacky Bacon Hasselback Zucchini ~ Sugar Free Mother
Simple Tacky Zucchini Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Meatless Tacky Zucchini Roll-Ups ~ Tried and Tasty
Broiled Zucchini with Mozzarella and Pepperoni ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Zucchini ~ Rachel Cooks
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 T olive oil, for misting zucchini
- 1 tsp. Italian Herb Mix (or your favourite seasoning mix)
- 1/4 C butter, melted (see notes)
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese (kind of to style)
- Preheat the broiler and modify the rack so your pan can be about 6 inches away from the warmth.
- Cowl a big baking sheet with foil (or spray with non-stick spray in case you want).
- Wash zucchini skins and pat dry, minimize off stem and blossom finish of every zucchini, and minimize zucchini into 4 lengthwise strips and minimize the zucchini items into strips about 3 inches lengthy. Then minimize away the internal seedy a part of each bit.
- Organize zucchini on broiler pan in rows, shut collectively, pores and skin facet down.
- Mist or brush the zucchini with olive oil and season the zucchini with the Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) or your favourite seasoning mix.
- Broil zucchini about 6-8 minutes, or till it’s beginning to really feel barely tender whenever you pierce it with a fork. (In case your broiler is highly effective I’d begin checking after about 4-5 minutes. Keep in mind the zucchini will cook dinner extra whenever you soften the cheese.)
- When the zucchini is barely tender, take away the pan from below the broiler, brush zucchini with melted butter (or no matter mixture of butter and olive oil you’re utilizing), and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the zucchini, making an attempt to get a lot of the zucchini lined.
- Put zucchini below broiler and cook dinner till cheese is totally melted and well-browned, about 4-5 minutes, or a bit kind of, relying on how sizzling your broiler is and the way shut the pan is to the warmth supply.
- Serve sizzling or heat. There received’t be any leftovers, so that you don’t want to fret about whether or not it will maintain within the fridge.
You need to use a mixture of butter and olive oil or all olive oil for brushing the zucchini in case you want, however the butter provides a pleasant taste.
This recipe tailored from Greens Each Day. (affiliate hyperlink)
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 251Whole Fats: 21gSaturated Fats: 11gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 47mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g
Diet info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seaside Weight loss program Recommendations:
Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini is a good recipe for low-carb and low-glycemic consuming plans however would in all probability be thought-about a “every now and then deal with” for any section of the unique South Seaside Weight loss program, as a result of quantity of saturated fats within the cheese (and butter in case you’re utilizing it), though zucchini could be very low in energy, carbs, and fats. New research about weight reduction are displaying that fats (even saturated fats) just isn’t that a lot of a priority, so I wouldn’t fear an excessive amount of concerning the butter and cheese!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Zucchini Recipes or Aspect Dishes for extra tasty concepts like this one.Use the Recipes by Weight loss program Kind picture index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. Or Comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2007, and I’ve made it many, many instances for visitors since then. It was final up to date in 2021.