posted by Kalyn Denny on July 7, 2021
Balsamic Spinach Salad with Mushrooms and Feta is a scrumptious choice whenever you need a low-carb meatless salad for a aspect dish! And this can be a good salad to assist expend these large packages of spinach from Costco!
This Balsamic Spinach Salad with Mushrooms and Feta is a recipe that was impressed by Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta. I got here up with this model years in the past after I was cooking dinner recurrently for my dad and my stepmother Norma; she didn’t eat pork, so I used nicely-browned mushrooms as an alternative of the bacon. And for years this absolutely-delicious salad recipe was again within the archives of the weblog with a photograph that wouldn’t entice anybody to attempt it!
Then I began shopping for these large packages of spinach from Costco and realizing how onerous it’s to make use of up that a lot spinach. And after I remembered this salad I beloved the concept of a meatless spinach salad that was nonetheless loaded with scrumptious components. I promise you, this salad goes to be a success with anybody who’s a spinach salad fan, however go forward and add just a little bacon should you favor!
What components do you want for this recipe?
- recent spinach leaves
- inexperienced onion
- additional virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Garlic Powder (affiliate hyperlink)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink)
- Feta Cheese
What else are you able to make with these large tubs of spinach?
If you end up with a kind of large tubs of Costco spinach, make one thing like Mushroom Lover’s Egg Skillet with Spinach, Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Goat Cheese, Turkey Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach, Mediterranean Shrimp over Spinach, or the preferred spinach recipe on the weblog, Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake.
Suggestions for making this recipe:
- Measure spinach and put in salad bowl.
- Whisk collectively dressing components.
- Measure Feta.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and reduce into thick slices.
- Warmth oil and cook dinner mushrooms about 5 minutes.
- Add inexperienced onions and cook dinner 1-2 minutes.
- Add dressing and let it come to a simmer.
- Pour dressing over spinach and toss.
- Put salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle with Feta.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
To make a low-carb meal that includes this Balsamic Spinach Salad, serve with one thing like Very Greek Grilled Hen or Hen and Veggie Kabobs with Garlic and Basil. If you would like a meatless dinner, this might style nice with Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Custard Bake or Simple Baked Tofu.
Sure, I Actually Like Spinach Salad!
- 8 cups recent spinach leaves, washed and dried if wanted (see notes)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced inexperienced onion
- 1 T + 1/4 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Put washed spinach into giant bowl, large enough to toss salad in.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic powder and whisk collectively.
- Crumble Feta Cheese and measure desired quantity.
- Slice inexperienced onions.
- Wash mushrooms, pat dry, and thickly slice.
- Warmth 1 T olive oil in giant frying pan frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook dinner about 5 minutes, or till mushrooms are properly browned and any launched liquid is evaporated.
- Add sliced inexperienced onions and cook dinner 1-2 minutes, till barely beginning to soften.
- Add dressing combination to the onion/mushrooms combination and let come barely to a simmer, then pour instantly over spinach and toss.
- Put salad into serving bowl, crumble feta over, and serve.
Eight cups of spinach leaves is about 7 ounces of spinach. I used brown Cremini mushrooms, however use any mushrooms you favor. Use any all-purpose seasoning mix if you do not have Spike Seasoning. I used my new favourite Feta Cheese for this recipe.
Recipe tailored from this favourite spinach salad recipe.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 261Complete Fats: 17gSaturated Fats: 3.8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 11.7gLdl cholesterol: 11mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 8.8gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seaside Weight loss program Strategies:
This meatless salad is a superb dish for low-carb weight loss plan plans, and for any part of the South Seaside Weight loss program.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to seek out extra salads like this one. Use the Weight loss program Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to Comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This salad was first posted in 2007, after I was making it recurrently for my father and mother-in-law Norma. It was up to date with greatly-improved photographs and higher directions in 2021.