posted by Kalyn Denny on Might 28, 2021
This Savory Low-Carb Marinade for Grilled Hen, Pork, or Beef will add superb taste to no matter meat you’re cooking on the grill.
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial begin of grilling season, proper? So for Friday Favorites this week I’m reminding you about this Savory Low-Carb Marinade that’s equally good on rooster, pork, or beef, and it’s the right answer to holding the meat moist and including taste it doesn’t matter what you’re cooking on the grill. This can be a marinade I’ve used usually and at all times had nice outcomes it doesn’t matter what kind of protein I’ve used it on. And the recipe makes sufficient marinade for a number of sorts of meat and this may hold within the fridge for per week or two, so I like to recommend making the entire quantity and making an attempt it on various kinds of meat.
Marination or marinating is a course of the place meals is soaked for a time period in a liquid that normally consists of oil and an acidic ingredient like lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar, wine, or fruit juice. Marinades also can embody contemporary or dried herbs, spices, and sometimes have onion or garlic. Use plastic storage baggage or glass or plastic meals storage containers to carry the meals whereas it marinates; don’t ever marinate in containers which might be metallic. If you happen to’re not accustomed to this method, listed here are some nice suggestions for marinating from What’s Cooking America and Jessica Gavin.
How lengthy must you marinate meals for the grill?
For this savory low-carb marinade recipe I like to recommend marinating rooster not less than 6-8 hours, and pork or beef for 8-10 hours if potential. Marinating occasions barely longer than this gained’t harm.
Does marinating meat have to be refrigerated?
At all times refrigerate the rooster, pork, beef, or different sorts of meat that you just’re marinating to be cooked afterward the grill. That forestalls the expansion of dangerous micro organism.
What elements do you want for this recipe?
Why do I like this marinade a lot?
I believe this marinade has an ideal mixture of savory elements for including taste to rooster, pork or beef. One ingredient that provides taste is Worcestershire sauce, and I exploit one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce after I’m making this for rooster, however if you attempt it on pork of beef, I’d double the Worcestershire sauce to 2 tablespoons.. You should definitely use Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) when you want this to be gluten-free. The small quantity of mayo actually retains the meat moist, and the lemon juice, dried spices and herbs, and garlic all add taste.
Easy methods to make the marinade and use it for meals cooked on the grill:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary info.)
- Mix marinade ingredient in a glass measuring cup and whisk collectively. (Or you possibly can shake it in a jar when you choose.) Don’t fear if there are some beads of mayo that don’t combine in.
- I at all times put together my rooster utilizing the Ideas for Juicy Grilled Hen Breasts. See that submit when you’re not skilled cooking rooster breasts.
- For pork or beef I might additionally trim the fats and make little scores within the meat or minimize it into cubes when you’re utilizing the marinade for kabobs.
- Let the meat or poultry marinate within the fridge 6-8 hours (or longer is ok.)
- Then drain the rooster, pork, or beef in a colander positioned within the sink if you’re able to prepare dinner. (Marinades ought to by no means be re-used as a result of they comprise micro organism.)
- Let rooster, pork, or beef come to room temperature whilst you preheat the grill to medium temperature.
- Once you’re able to put rooster on the grill, brush it on either side with olive oil (or use one other neutral-flavored larger smoke-point oil in case you have one.)
- To get criss-cross grill marks, lay meat or rooster diagonally throughout grill grates and prepare dinner till you see grill marks (about 3-4 minutes for rooster).
- Rotate the meat so it’s diagonal on the grill grates going the other manner and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over and prepare dinner till it reaches desired degree of doneness, about 2-4 minutes extra for rooster. For all sorts of meat or poultry, I utilizing an Instantaneous Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to inform when it’s completed. Right here’s a superb chart with secure temperatures for grilled meals.
- Serve scorching and await compliments!
Make it a Meal:
Within the picture the rooster is served with Inexperienced Bean, Tomato, Onion, and Basil Summer time Salad. Any kind of greens cooked on the grill would additionally make an amazing facet dish for this.
Extra Tasty Concepts for Low-Carb Grilling:
Ten Low-Carb Grilling Recipes Your Household Will Love ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
101 Finest Keto Grilling Recipes ~ I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low-Carb Kabobs of Skewers for the Grill ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
The BEST Low-Carb Hen Thigh Recipes ~ All Day I Dream About Meals
Wonderful Low-Carb and Keto Beef Steak on the Grill ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 T full fats mayo
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1 T lemon juice, ideally contemporary squeezed (see notes)
- 1 tsp. Veg-Sal or salt
- 1 tsp. contemporary floor black pepper
- 1 T Poultry Seasoning
- 1 T garlic puree or garlic powder
- 1 T candy paprika, ideally Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 T onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme (optionally available, however beneficial)
- Put all elements in a bowl or glass measuring cup and whisk collectively, or you possibly can mix elements by shaking in a jar. (Don’t fear if there are some beads of mayo that don’t mix; they may dissolve if you’re marinating the meat.)
- If I’m utilizing this on rooster I comply with my Ideas for Juicy Grilled Hen Breasts. Irrespective of which sorts of meat I’m utilizing, I wish to make shallow rating marks on the floor of the meat to make a bit extra floor space, which helps it prepare dinner extra evenly.
- Put the rooster, pork, or beef in a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Pour over simply sufficient marinade to cowl the meat, then let it marinate within the fridge for 6-8 hours or longer.
- To prepare dinner, preheat fuel or charcoal grill to medium warmth. (You possibly can maintain your hand there for less than about 3 seconds at that warmth.) Lay the items of rooster or meat diagonally throughout the grill grates and prepare dinner till you begin to see grill marks (3-4 minutes for rooster and perhaps barely longer for meat).
- Then rotate the rooster or meat till it’s diagonally going the other manner on the grill grates and prepare dinner till you see good grill marks going the opposite manner.
- Flip over and prepare dinner till it’s agency, however not onerous to the contact for rooster (just some minutes extra until the rooster is admittedly thick.) For beef or pork I might use an Instantaneous Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to prepare dinner to your most popular degree of doneness. Here is a superb chart with secure temperatures for grilled meals.
- If you happen to’re cooking just some piece of meat, simply retailer the additional marinade within the fridge and use it afterward another kind of meat
- Additional marinade will hold within the fridge for not less than per week (or perhaps longer, however I’ve by no means managed to maintain it round for greater than per week.)
I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe. I used 1 T Worcestershire sauce for rooster however after I used it on pork or beef I elevated it to 2 T. You should definitely use Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) if wanted.
Dietary info is for the marinade solely.
This recipe is one Kalyn has made for thus lengthy, she will be able to’t keep in mind the place she obtained it.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 168Whole Fats: 18gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 15gLdl cholesterol: 2mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Food regimen Recommendations:
Hen, pork, or beef marinated on this could be good for any section of The unique South Seashore Food regimen or different low-carb or low-glycemic food regimen plans.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Grilling Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one.Use the Recipes by Food regimen Sort picture index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to Observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for This Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2005, and Kalyn had been utilizing it for years at that time. It was final up to date in 2021.